Wilton YMCA Lifeguard Certification
All inquiries should be directed to: Samantha Lusher, Aquatic Director 203.762.8384 x211 email@example.com
The American Red Cross lifeguard training and certification are imperative to the process of getting hired on as an official Red Cross lifeguard. Our detailed training includes both testing of hands-on skills as well as comprehension on written tests. The certification, which includes First Aid, CPR and AED training, is valid for two years upon completion and is accepted nationwide.
Prerequisites for lifeguard training include:
• Students must be at least 15 years old by the last day of class
• Students must pass a pre-course swimming skills test prior to taking lifeguarding courses
Lifeguarding review classes are designed to help you update your skills while also extending your certification for another two years. The Red Cross also offers review courses, for those whose certification is still valid (or within 30 days of expiring) while allowing you to continue to work without a lapse in verification.
Waterfront Lifeguard Certification
Red Cross Lifeguard Training with Waterfront Skills
The Waterfront Lifeguard certification course incorporates both the Lifeguarding course with the Waterfront skills module. The purpose of the Waterfront skills module is to teach lifeguards the skills and knowledge needed to prevent and respond to emergencies in nonsurf, open-water areas found at public parks, resorts, summer camps and campgrounds. This course incorporates a blended learning format with online training sessions, classroom skills and water rescue activities.
Waterfront Lifeguard Prerequisites
• Be at least 15 years old
• Complete the required online course before the first class
• Pass the following swim test on the first day of class
• 500-yard swim using front crawl or breaststroke
• 2-minute tread using legs only
• Retrieve a 10-lb dive weight from 7 ft deep, surface and swim 20 yds with the weight, using legs only and exit the pool within 100 seconds
• Swim 5 yds, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yds apart, resurface and continue to swim another 5 yds to complete the skill sequence
Click below for upcoming dates and program registration.
Have you ever wanted to become a Lifeguard?
Here’s your chance! The Riverbrook Regional Y will be holding Lifeguard Classes for those 15 and older. Added bonus for those who are 16 and up; apply, interview and if hired for a position, be offered the course for free. Restrictions apply; you must work a minimum number of hours each week!
Cancellation / Refund Policy
For a full refund, cancellations must be done 10 days in advance of the class starting. You will receive 10% less every day after.
There are no refunds: once the class starts, for no shows, or failing the class.